Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 17 Feb 2015, 11:15 AM Agree 0
A Supreme Court of Canada ruling has taken “two incremental steps” that will change the way real estate contracts are written and acted upon.
  • Doug King | 17 Feb 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    Something most agents did anyway!
  • Andrea | 17 Feb 2015, 11:01 PM Agree 0
    Wow! pretty sad when the Supreme Court of Canada has to make a "statement" to that effect...... wondering what is provoking this? Since '88 I've seen my share of dishonest or unethical agents, and the worst ones seem to be the ones at the top..... makes you wonder where their "day to day" dealings would fall in the scheme of things.....
  • Bob M | 18 Feb 2015, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    Great point Andrea! I truly believe there is a way for us to be able to know for sure there are other offers on a given property. Im not totally confident all of the time that we are being dealt with honestly and fairly
  • Andrea | 19 Feb 2015, 12:23 AM Agree 0
    Good point Bob.... I have been in more than one situation where I was told "multiple offers", went in conservatively anyway and still won the "bidding"..... this is an area where oversight should be the rule, let's say perhaps the broker or office manager should have to account for and "tally all offers" prior to an offer presentation..... there should be a "watchdog" somewhere.....accountability!
Post a reply