Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 11 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A recent B.C. Court of Appeals ruling serves as a sober reminder for brokers to share with clients the importance of carefully reading condo property acts
  • Robbie Ryan | 11 Aug 2016, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    they can sell.
  • Robbie Ryan | 11 Aug 2016, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    This is the buyers agents responsibility not a mortgage brokers. I don't know many brokers that read the by-laws. Why wasn't this discovered in the condo document review process? Was there sufficient time granted for the review process or was this another situation where an unconditional offer was tendered.
  • Murray Schultz | 11 Aug 2016, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    And yet, the metro Vancouver area and the provincial government are wagging their tongues out of the other side of their mouths regarding rental stock and the adverse effect investor-owned and largely vacant properties have on affordable housing.
  • Sucks to be you | 11 Aug 2016, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    RE reps & lawyer's responsibility to review strata/condo agreement with the clients. I don't see how a MortgageBroker could be held responsible.Was this this a case of "investors" acting in haste, buying with limited or no conditions or limited reviews?
    A condo is a legally defined neighbourhood" with rules that you agree to abide by. Don't read the rules or don't give the appropriate professionals adequate time to review the rule book, you are the problem. Not the law, not the condo Corp,not the property managers...look in the mirror, there is the problem.YOU
  • BC Broker | 11 Aug 2016, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    No where in the article does it say its a brokers responsibility or that they would be held responsible. Do you ppl not read?
Post a reply