Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 12 May 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One industry head has voiced his company’s confidence in the embattled lender
  • Frank T. | 12 May 2017, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    Home Capital/Trust did this to themselves. Knowingly took bad deals from brokers, mislead investors. They only service top brokers...brokers sending less than $10M anually typically get poor service. I have zero empathy for Home Capital. The only reason I hope this gets cleared up soon is for the benefit of other good lenders in the same scope and for some of the good staff Home Capital has that doesn't deserve to weather this storm.
  • Hensey Khan | 12 May 2017, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    I still believe hometrust had better book of business than a lot of other lenders.
    Their situation is more related to a panic that has been created in the marketplace which will settle down.
  • northwood mortgage | 12 May 2017, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    after doing business with home trust for over 20 years and doing a 100 million dollars a year with them Northwood mortgage stand behind them 100%
    steve kates v.p.
  • J. Pollard | 12 May 2017, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    I can see how DLC or any other company is offering support. Business in not "as usual" for Home Trust and the money they claim to have in security means nothing as they cannot close a deal for me after issuing a commitment for $225,000??? The deal completed and instructions sent to solicitor and now I am hearing from them that they likely will not have the money until June! I'm now scrambling to complete this deal with another lender before the clients go to the branch. Be careful with deals sent to HT...what does pass lending experience have to do with what is happening now?
  • Cyrus | 04 Jul 2017, 05:48 AM Agree 0
    Bravo Dominion Bank,
    In this time of lagging other industries, the construction industry is driving the Canadian economy engine so it was the best decision that has been made.
    Real estate is playing a big role in the economy and the governments at all three levels have to support it to absorb the investors' attention. we have lots of infrastructures work to do with the taxes that mostly is driven from real estate.
Post a reply