Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 01 Mar 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Ever-rising home prices have made ownership an unattainable illusion that is sending younger would-be buyers on a wild goose chase, according to an analyst
  • BC Broker | 01 Mar 2016, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    A house is far more than a consumer good. It can be fully financed and unlike consumer goods will appreciate in value over time rather than race to a value of zero. Even in a slumping market, if owners hold their property they continue to pay off their mortgage and eventually build equity through forced savings. Any average Canadian who wants to retire with some wealth should not only desire to purchase a home...they need to purchase a home. In today's market in Vancouver younger buyers are coming to grips with raising a family in apartment or townhouse living if they want to remain close to downtown. Something owners in New York or San Francisco had to get used to years ago.
  • LanceH | 01 Mar 2016, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    If you read up on the history of Human Rights and Equality, home ownership is HUGE! I'm quietly hoping prices will stagnate for 10yrs while salaries catch up. Am I dreaming?
Post a reply