Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 19 Oct 2010, 09:56 AM Agree 0
The current high buy/rent ratio may indicate a vulnerable housing market said Desjardins Securities, but others aren’t placing too much weight on the measurement.
  • Barb | 20 Oct 2010, 05:44 AM Agree 0
    Canadians still have the dream to own their own house and we have to remember that this dream is still alive, affordability isn't always a factor when buying a home, however you will see rents increase as more young grads come out of college and into the rental market, with high student loans they will be renters for awhile driving up the rents in non controlled areas. it will probbaly level itself out.
  • Valerie | 22 Oct 2010, 01:06 AM Agree 0
    Isn't that the whole point? We will always have rentals and home ownership... If home ownership costs far outweigh the cost of rentals, everyone will rent forcing a market correction on homes??? I actually think that this is a good thing. There are other factors that can force a market correction admittedly. I remember the 1989 crash and have to ask this question: Did anyone think that home prices would keep going at the rate they were going? Obviously not, however greed made a lot of people ignore the warnings. Many lost their shirts and many made a lot of money...My mom was a real estate agent at the time and she kept her ears to the ground, and recommended to clients to stay put for a year or two to ride out the wave. For those who listened... many had gratitude for her recommendation. For those who didn't although impacted by their loss still had gratitude saying that they should have listened...
Post a reply