Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 14 Jan 2011, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Gary Mauris, President of DLC is seeking advice from everyone involved in the mortgage industry as he prepares to attend a pre-budget consultation roundtable with Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty Jan. 19 in Regina, Sask.
  • John | 17 Jan 2011, 11:16 PM Agree 0
    Gary,

I was completely conned in by this invite!! I actually thought there would be some input from you folks before any decisions were made.

LYING, CONIVING POLITITIONS

Why waste your time? That ass Flaherty is just using you and the rest as a cop out. The meeting is the 19th, and he changes the mortgage rules on the 17th.

There is no credibility in this meeting, it's a FARCE. Spend your time continuing to build DLC.

When are we going to find a politician that has any sort of truth to what they say?

John
  • Bob | 18 Jan 2011, 04:03 AM Agree 0
    I smell an election...
    Dealing with such a thorny issue as Unsecured debt is not something that politicians really want to do right now. Byt they do want to say they have done something to deal with the ever increasing Consumer Debt load!
    Good luck Gary, as there are a lot of Political Agenda's that are trying to be addressed.
  • Gary Mauris | 18 Jan 2011, 06:16 AM Agree 0
    Thanks you all for the incredible feedback that you have sent me so far. The timing of this announcement is interesting,but nonetheless, there is still significant issues that need to be addressed. As those of you that know me will attest,I have never settled when an issue is pressing, or sat back quietely and accepted something I dont support.I refuse to subsribe to the theory that we can't have an impact on important issues or that our voice cant or wont be heard.

I will attend the consultation, strongly represent our Industry,and will passionately and aggressively make sure the Ministers Office understands our concerns in the future.

I would also like to make mention of the good work that CAAMP has been doing on our behalf. Caamp has been verbal and engaged with Ottawa for sometime now and I believe that its through their efforts that we have not seen sweeping changes of much more significance, and more damaging to our Industry thus far.
  • Elfie | 19 Jan 2011, 01:11 PM Agree 0
    I hope you will be kind enough to give us a brief review of the meeting when you return Paul. It would be appreciated.
    Elfie Hayes.
  • Jake | 21 Jan 2011, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    I agree with John! It's all a publicity stunt!"Look at me I'M doing what's best for all you irrisposible Canadians"
    We are seeing low interest rates now and into the future because ALL THE CASH IN THE WORLD IS AT OUR FINGERTIPS! Not so in 1980! We only had our country's cash to borrow from, which wasn't much. The internet is allowing us to use the whole worlds cash! A lot of cash to lend!
    :)
  • Marshall Spencer | 23 Jan 2011, 04:58 AM Agree 0
    Lack of financial literacy is the basis for the problem consumers find themselves in today. Together with that lack of respect for credit comes a lack of respect for money in general. Why bother to save and actually earn something when the media is flooded with messages to live for today i.e. buy for today and use credit to get it! As I've been saying for sometime and more emphatically this week, changing mortgage rules doesn't help fight the problem of runaway unsecured debt. It will keep tenants stuck off the property ladder just that much longer and give them that much more time to get plowed under with unsecured debt courtesy of their branch lender. Nice pre-electioning Mr Flaherty.
Post a reply