Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 13 Jun 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
It’s important information for brokers, but also their clients buying new builds in the GTA and facing an unprecedented spike in fees that won’t be covered by the mortgage.
  • todd | 13 Jun 2013, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    this is the epitome of buying pre-construction.

having been the project architect on several condo projects in toronto, i'm always suprised and somewhat shocked at people who buy not only pre-construction, but buy pre-approval. many of these condo projects don't have final approval when they start selling and if they don't have final approval there is no way for them to know their final cost... and if they don't know their final cost, how have they established the final price of the units they're selling...?

in the end, i guess it comes down to buyer beware.
  • Larry Gwynne | 15 Jun 2013, 08:31 AM Agree 0
    we are among the highest taxed people in the world.
    our municipal, provincial and federal governments are in debt with no light at the end of the tunnel
    lets face it folks, higher taxes are here to stay
    however as long as interest rates stay low, the housing market new and resales will survive
    buying real estate for long term is still one of the best investments people can make
Post a reply