Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 25 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The finance minister needs to clean up his own house before pointing the finger of blame at the banking and mortgage community, suggests an analyst from the CD Howe Institute.
  • Joan E. | 25 Mar 2013, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    FCC is on a different level and was formed for a very specific reason. The fact of the matter is that without FCC and the other federal lenders (EDC and BDBC) Canadian business would suffer immensely. The FCC was formed to boost farming in Canada, because it was a huge issue and at the rates and terms charged by traditional lenders, unaffordable. With issues in the broker community, like the increase in fraud, I think that brokers need to focus on cleaning up their own house first. Be careful how much time spent on the soap box, or the feds will turn their attention to brokers and decide that intervening there is warranted.
  • Elaine | 26 Mar 2013, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    Exactly. I look at the Senators, the way they spend our tax dollars to travel back and forth from the houses they own, you name it, paying them their salaries while they are even spending time in jail for possible fraud and assault, you name it. And yet, he doesn't want to able Homebuyers to take advantage of the low mortgage rates. Look, Jim consumers such as myself have never, will not spend more dollars irresponsibly simply because we may have more money to spend because of lower mortgage payments. It will always be the irresponsible consumers that will carry on doing so. So, don't punish the good because of the bad habituals.
Post a reply