Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 21 Jul 2011, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Most people would expect that a broker who does more than $260 million in volume in one year wouldn’t have much of a social life and perhaps would be in danger of burning out, but that’s surprisingly not the case for Gord Pipkey, this year’s No. 1 on the Top 50 Broker list.
  • Mike | 22 Jul 2011, 01:49 AM Agree 0
    Great story of a true pioneer we should all aspire to be. 14 hour workdays are not in the recipe for me but I would be happy with just 100M, let alone 260M+.
  • Anthony | 22 Jul 2011, 07:11 AM Agree 0
    Congradulations to Gord...job well done!

I can't help myself and must however comment on one matter...it appears that Gord has confirmed what many of us know and also are complicit in... and that is that in order to crack even $30MM, $40MM or $50MM, much of the business must come from other mortgage agents and/or external referral sources...so why does CMP still maintain that to make the top 50 List, "all deals" must be originated exclusively in house, without referrals being paid on those deals...Gord even admits to his referral business which makes up a large percentage of his gross sales...now I can't speak for Gord, but if you want to believe that referral sources don't have their hand out, then your not clocking big volume or haven't been in this business long enough...
Post a reply