Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 06 Oct 2011, 10:00 AM Agree 0
A fraud-prevention expert – also a mortgage agent – is asking his peers to double check their file protection measures against a list of six essentials. It’s a way of guarding themselves, their clients and their industry against the kind of recent broker lapse grabbing headlines in Alberta.
  • Angela Wong-Liao, Invis Inc | 07 Oct 2011, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    I am strong believer in customer confidentiality, especially in the financial industry. In my opinion, nothing can be more damanging if we breach this basic business professional requirement. Yes, we should have password for all our gadgets, ie: blackberry, Iphone, Ipad, laptop and PC, we should also ensure to destroy and shredded any documents that have our customer's information, ie: address, telephone number and email address. Food for thought, together, we can build a better image for our industry and a strong and trusting relationship with our customers.
  • Richard Beauchamp Dominion Lending West Coast | 08 Oct 2011, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Yes it is important that we take all of the necessary precautions in the deletion of important documents and shredding of paper documents. More importantly than all of those outlined precautions is for us as mortgage professionals to be more vigilant with our clients and the information they submit. Store important documents in not so easy to find places, make sure anti-virus and spyware is up to date and in the best working order possible.

One of the most important things to do for your own computer, for all mortgage professionals, is to do a scan once a week minimum to make sure that no virus can be used to back-door a hacker on to your system.

Be aware, be vigilant and above all else be professional.
Post a reply