Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 04 May 2015, 08:39 AM Agree 0
One former banker – and current broker – believes recent changes at RBC will sway more clients to choose brokers over the banks.
  • mike | 04 May 2015, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    RBC squeezes the last penny out of its customers, they will respond, even screwing seniors, shame on you
  • Ken | 04 May 2015, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    I'm a retired banker as well now working as a broker, from my experience once one of the big 5 takes a step across a line the rest won;t be far behind.
    I've only seen one retraction of a fee in a whole career (TDCT Maintenance Fee on Unsecured Credit Lines in 2009 when we were in the middle of a melt down), other than that its a boundary that constantly moves and the only rationalization is that the fee is competitive in the industry, they never explain why a fee is increasing or being implemented.
    99% of the time its just a way to bump up the fee revenue which is like Heroin to the banks, they love it and it makes them feel good.
    I have no issue with paying a fee for service but it has to be reasonable and rationalized which unfortunately is not the case with Canadian Banks.
  • judy | 10 May 2015, 10:43 PM Agree 0
    Really???They make out like bandits with paying as little as they possibly can on our money after years of flagellating us on loans and mortgages...shame on them!!!
Post a reply