Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 24 Feb 2015, 11:21 AM Agree 0
Many of Canada’s foreign investors hail from China, but political uncertainty in other parts of the world could bring a wave of investment from two countries in particular.
  • John S. | 24 Feb 2015, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    This is the first time I am hearing about Greece and Russia foreign investments. I wonder if investing in REIT or money exchange would not be a simpler alternative for foreigner as such. Canadian real estate is driven by cheap credit and not necessarily attractive as cash purchase of exorbitant unsustainable costs specifically in TO. I may be wrong but I question validity of the above statement.
  • steve kates v.p. | 24 Feb 2015, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    china yes the rest of the world ? the Russian money is worth nothing so is the Greek .most of the Russian money when it was high went to south Florida
  • John S. | 24 Feb 2015, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    Why would Greek or Russian use their devaluated currency to invest in to overvalued real estate? Unless they don't know what their doing of course. Sounds like a recipe for disaster!
  • Dustan Woodhouse | 24 Feb 2015, 06:05 PM Agree 0
    Foreign Ownership accounts for approx 1% of Real Estate in BC. Just attended a presentation at the MBABC conference by Cameron Muir on this very item.
  • David Toles | 24 Feb 2015, 07:26 PM Agree 0
    It's the equivalent of buying at the top or selling at the bottom of the stock market. Both are very unfortunate. As well - a strategy like this for both of those countries should have been done several years ago and that makes this a desperation reaction. To make matters worse, I strongly suspect that even trying to move money out now - - is next to impossible for investors from either of those countries. Don't see it happening.
Post a reply