Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Feb 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Following a report in Saturday''s Globe and Mail that banking officials have called for tighter mortgage rules to stave off a housing collapse, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told reporters he does not see signs of a housing bubble in Canada.
  • Whiterockgal | 09 Feb 2010, 08:54 AM Agree 0
    "canvassed the mortgage industry"??!!!

Might as well canvass a bunch of Realtors... I don't know about the rest of Canada but it doesn't take an economics degree to see there's a bubble in the lower mainland...
  • Bob | 09 Feb 2010, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    Whiterockgal ,You don't set national housing policy by what happens in the Lower Mainland.
  • Prairies | 09 Feb 2010, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Whiterockgal, if you are concerned about the accuracy of the information maybe take the time to actually read the CAAMP white paper report. It is a well written and takes a broad spectrum look at all of Canada not just one area.
  • On the Island | 09 Feb 2010, 09:51 AM Agree 0
    Why are the banks asking for tighter restrictions? The banks can tighten their own restrictions without having the Feds impose said restrictions. Makes me wonder if the banks are trying to squeeze out other lending institutions i.e. not a chartered bank.
  • TheRealist | 09 Feb 2010, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    This is going to get ugly come July 1st in Ontario... HST, tighter lending, increased listings, increased rates, high unemployment... this is going to be the perfect storm!
  • TheRealist | 09 Feb 2010, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    This is going to get ugly come July 1st in Ontario... HST, tighter lending, increased listings, increased rates, high unemployment... this is going to be the perfect storm!
  • BROKER | 10 Feb 2010, 01:13 AM Agree 0
    well aren't you just the eternal optimist....
Post a reply