Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Flaherty: Don`t blame the rule changes

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 29 Oct 2012, 05:00 PM Agree 0
Many brokers will respectfully disagree, but Finance Minister Jim Flahery and his deputy say it’s too early to judge the impact of the government's mortgage rule changes, even despite the accelerated slowdown sincer their introduction.
  • John Dearin RPA,. AMP. | 31 Oct 2012, 05:52 AM Agree 0
    “The full impact has not yet been felt,” Flaherty said in a television interview yesterday.

That's what scares me, the full impact has not been felt yet. I think there is a bigger slowdown coming and we will run right back into recession. By February 2013 or earlier.
  • Derek Rowley, RMA | 31 Oct 2012, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    Have the MOF and his deputy take a reality check. Of corse there is no slow down - Flaherty and his Deputy Dog are not on commission.And I totally agree with John Dearin.
  • ON Consumer | 31 Oct 2012, 09:29 PM Agree 0
    Mr. Rowley, a lot of brokers are simply submitting false documents to get around the new rules and increase their clients chances of a mortgage. I think the MOF should set more rules to keep brokers in check.
Post a reply