Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Flaherty budget answers mortgage broker pleas

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 29 Mar 2012, 04:00 PM Agree 0
PHEW! Brokers are breathing a sigh of relief after the Finance Minister rejected calls to tinker with mortgage insurance rules, offering a budget that leaves the maximum amortization cap at 30 years and the minimum down payment at 5 per cent.
  • PWE | 30 Mar 2012, 08:11 AM Agree 0
    Mr. Clarke, consider yourself duly admonished.
  • Ken | 30 Mar 2012, 08:21 AM Agree 0
    Great job that CAAMP did here taking care of our best interest (well atleast for the time being) .. I hope the dude from TD Bank making his 6 fiurs on the 52nd floor sees and reads this - and one more time, if the banks controlled their cards and LOC's - we would have a better world ! Thanks to Jim Murphy and all the CAAMPers out there !!!
  • Derek Rowley | 30 Mar 2012, 08:27 AM Agree 0
    Well done CAAMP. Thanks for looking after our concerns.

Derek Rowley
  • Ad Lakhanpal, Mortgage Broker, Mortgage Alliance | 30 Mar 2012, 08:30 AM Agree 0
    Great Job Vernon! For staying on top of the latest developments and keeping us informed!
  • Angela Wong-Liao, Invis Inc | 31 Mar 2012, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Thank you CAAMP, job well done and I am proud to be a CAAMP member. I am glad that our Finance Minister rejected our bank executive's request to further tighten the mortgage rules. In my opinion, all these revolving credits and the loose lending practice are the source of the debt load challenges that Canada is facing. I am particularly appalled at the recent blast of the dumping business practice in regards to interest rates 2.99% led by BMO and follow by other lenders as this business practice can only encourage consumers to add on more debt loads.
  • Elfie Hayes | 03 Apr 2012, 06:16 AM Agree 0
    This shows that our solidarity through CAAMP did allow us to be heard. Finally. Good job!
Post a reply