Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 17 Oct 2014, 10:10 AM Agree 0
Home insurance is a no-brainer – but would anyone think to obtain coverage for building a million-dollar home with an ocean view on the wrong lot?
  • AnthonyC. | 17 Oct 2014, 03:19 PM Agree 0
    ...a more appropriate ending to the story could have read "the builder, Robbie Richmond of Keystone Homes, who 'was' the area's most respected builder, did not return a call from Reuters for comment..."

• Arnod Molder | 17 Oct 2014, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    This is not that unusual and happened even in Toronto. Some time ago, I arranged a construction mortgage for a borrower on the Scarborough bluffs who then engaged his own builder. The builder staked out the footprint by encroaching the neighbors lot by 4ft.
    Upon completion, the nice neighbor insisted on shaving the 4ft off the house which essentially ruined it.
  • Yasmin | 17 Oct 2014, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    title insurance would cover this mess financially but I don't think that this fixes all
    title insurance would cover this mess financially but I don't think that this fixes all
  • Leo Bradshaw | 17 Oct 2014, 05:07 PM Agree 0
    This seems to be the surveyors mistake. They staked out the property so they made the mistake and need to correct it.
  • Kuldip S Panesar Homeland Mortgage Corp. | 20 Oct 2014, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    Title insurance have to cover this financial loss.They can also sue the surveyors for their error !
Post a reply