Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 28 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The condo building’s list of troubles includes cracked walls and floors, corroded balcony railings, and exposed reinforcing bars
  • Paul Mangion | 28 Apr 2016, 09:04 AM Agree 0
    Why would the government bail them out? These are issues with condo's and the risk you take. I certainly think someone should compensate them but it should be the developer or their insurance company not the taxpayers.
  • Real Estate Player | 28 Apr 2016, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    Responsibility falls solely on the Property Management to maintain the complex.
  • @ Real Estate Player | 28 Apr 2016, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    That's incorrect - it does not fall to the property management company. It falls to the owners association to ensure that the property is maintained adequately.

This falls squarely at the feet of each and every owner in the building who did not care enough early on, before it got bad. It does not matter if you own a condo, or a house, as an owner you have a responsibility to look out for your investment.

This is just another example of our society and the sheer lack of accountability that people have. It's always "not my problem" or "not my fault", "I didn't know"...

I'd be surprised if the human race survives another 3 generations, or two for that matter, with this attitude of entitlement and lack of accountability.
Post a reply