Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Eisner applauds Mauris might & O'Leary exit

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 21 Nov 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
He may be one of the industry’s most ardent supporters of the free market system -- and a former contestant on Dragons’ Den -- but a leading Calgary broker is thanking Gary Mauris for confronting Kevin O’Leary’s “supreme case of bad etiquette.”
  • RHÉAU SÉGUIN | 22 Nov 2012, 06:43 AM Agree 0
    THIS MAN IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, WE NEED TO KEEP HIGH STANDING IN OUR BROKER'S REPUTATION, WE WORK TO HARD TO MAINTAIN A GOOD REPUTATION.
  • Marcus Keller | 22 Nov 2012, 07:18 AM Agree 0
    Dan Eisner take Kevin's place
  • Peter | 22 Nov 2012, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    So u guess you will be exercising your own good etiquette as a similarly broker unfriendly model and staying away from caamp this year too Dan.
  • Bill Jones | 22 Nov 2012, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    I applaud Dan for applauding Gary. Surely my stance is headline worthy?
  • Al | 22 Nov 2012, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    What a joke. The online rate discounter that end runs brokers using our own compensation models calling the o Leary kettle black. Dan stay out of the media. You don't help yourself. Too funny.
  • Rob | 22 Nov 2012, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    O Leary mortgage. I dont think its viable. But would like to hear anither bhainess persona perspective. Why drum his opinion out of the industey. We won't learn. So I am envisioning a travel agent conference banning Travelocity or chapters conference banning amazon. I'm sure o Leary is not amazon. But I'd surely like to hear what his perspective is. He is putting his money where his mouth is and getting into mortgage biz. That's. vote of confidence. But what does he see broken that is an opportunity to fix. What a shame. An opinion bullied away. And caamp has no guts
  • Arthur G | 22 Nov 2012, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    We have had nothing but exit after exit n this industry, along with bad media about the mortgage market . A high profile Canadian announces he is entering the market ......finally positive news ! I suggest Kevin consider the GIC broker market, perhaps that industry is more professional.
  • MG Broker | 22 Nov 2012, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    I am sort of sick of all the brokers (like here in the thread) whining and complaining about Eisner and Oleary...have heard of a free market concept?

If Eisner wants to do mortgages at less commission and undercut you...and some clients prefer to go that route...so be it. Or do you feel that it is your God given right to earn 105 BPS on every application you input into filogix?

What a bunch of clowns, maybe instead of crying all day long do something creative instead of being 'just another broker'.
  • Bill Jones | 23 Nov 2012, 02:00 AM Agree 0
    You make a good point "MG Broker". I'm also sort of sick of brokers posting anonymously.
  • MG Broker | 23 Nov 2012, 06:56 AM Agree 0
    Welcome to the internet age.
  • Al | 23 Nov 2012, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    MG Broker - you didnt get the joke.. He meant you are anonymous What a "clown"
Post a reply