Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 16 Jun 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Industry veterans are pointing to one city’s second land transfer tax as a major drag on the market, especially considering the CMHC’s increased insurance premiums, which took effect on June 1.
  • Ron Butler | 16 Jun 2015, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Based on the stats showing this to be a record sales year for GTA properties the headline seems a bit goofy. So without the double land transfer tax sales would have been tremendously higher? Speculation at best, silly blather at worst.
  • Gerald D | 16 Jun 2015, 04:12 PM Agree 0
    I highly doubt 1.525% is having as much impact on individual transactions as is suggested. Especially if the y/y sale price increase is >5%. I think the fact is clients are unable to show GDS ratios relative to income to justify the larger mortgages.
  • Abdominal Pain | 17 Jun 2015, 02:08 AM Agree 0
    If you're a home owner, you don't have to pay land transfer tax, agent's commission or conveyancing fees just because you move house. You can let your old address to tenants, and rent your new address - http://t.co/ywKK0r7u7n .
Post a reply