Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 10 Mar 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One credit agency has hiked the minimum cost for all its broker services
  • | 10 Mar 2017, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Everyone is getting into the act, the insurers the credit agencies everyone. But then again why shouldn't they with bank profits increasing dramatically year over year to the point of obscene why wouldn't we anticipate other service providers to want the same.
  • Wolfram | 10 Mar 2017, 09:36 AM Agree 0
    A shameless money-grab. Well done Equifax, enjoy your corporate bonuses to come.
  • BobW | 10 Mar 2017, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    We have enrolled with Trans Union to pull credit bureaus. They are 1/2 the price as compared to an Equifax pull but not all lenders are accepting them (willingly) I found that all of our mainstay lenders will accept them if you push for it.
    • Ron | 10 Mar 2017, 12:05 PM Agree 0
      Would you be able to share which lenders are accepting TU?
    • Sherry | 10 Mar 2017, 02:51 PM Agree 0
      I'm with Scotiabank and we switched to Transunion last year.
  • Jeremy | 10 Mar 2017, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    They are looking to reduce the number of accounts and thus, the number of complaints. Their system is the worst!! It might serve Equifax well to begin holding reporting members accountable and start fining them for their inaccurate reporting. What a joke!!
  • Ron | 10 Mar 2017, 12:01 PM Agree 0
    I think the true impact of this change will be felt in a couple of months when un-collectible fees begin piling up for the larger broker houses. Low producing agents wont have the capacity to pay leaving the broker house on the hook for the bills.
  • Ron BC | 10 Mar 2017, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    "The monthly minimum billing amount ensures we uphold the same high level of service month to month" - what service??? Ever try to contact Equifax Customer Services? Non-existent...
Post a reply