Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 15 Jun 2015, 10:22 AM Agree 0
Home sales were up in May, according to the latest stats from CREA, which point to significant increases in transactions and prices across the board as consumers looked to evade mortgage premiums.
  • Jesse D | 15 Jun 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    The business is there folks, go get it.
  • Rick (Mortgage Mentor) Robertson | 15 Jun 2015, 02:07 PM Agree 0
    I often wonder why organizations related to the mortgage industry continue to pound out articles and stats on new home sales. ??

I sense that Mortgage Brokers actually arrange financing on a low percentage of those new home sales, and further, once the "stats" are out it's too late for us to do anything about it. Sure, it's a reflection of how the economy is doing (last month or last quarter). I feel the time that those numbers would be more beneficial is 4-1/2 years down the road. That's when many of those mortgages will be approaching renewal and actually be more usable data for our business planning. (e.g. if July and August home sales were big 5 years ago, then maybe plan your vacation time for September instead...)

It would also be beneficial to see New Car sales figures once in a while. Those are a more immediate indicator of the economy and also give us clues about the size of potential refinance markets.

Just sayin ;-)
    RR
Post a reply