Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 22 Sep 2014, 11:28 AM Agree 0
The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) has announced it will consider implementing risk-sharing measure with lenders in the future, confirming anonymous sources who told the Financial Post in early September that OSFI and CMHC were in talks about the potential policy.
  • Mike Rice | 22 Sep 2014, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    why doesn't CMHC shut down? The EMILI system is coming home to roost with there "auto adjudication" approval system. No wonder they are going down the tank. I've seen Lenders get approved for bare land on Emilie apps which never would have happened with Genworth becuase they underwrite. Paying a deductable is a joke because we are already paying insurance on every deal we submit. Typical gov't run business, instead of paying tax on tax we are paying insurance on insurance. Bye Bye CMHC, the sooner the better, it painful watching the inevitable. All they are doing is dragging a well run down organization like Genworth along with them!!
  • Angela Wong-Liao - Invis Inc | 22 Sep 2014, 12:26 PM Agree 0
    More changes from CMHC is expected and I fully agree with the increased measures to limit risks and reducing taxpayers' exposure to the housing sector through CMHC.
  • rhéau | 22 Sep 2014, 01:45 PM Agree 0
    bullshit the risque is about nothing for them,there is no risque for the taxes-payers at all it is all done under insurance relegation system.by underwriters,so do not believe all that bull,cmhc's bank account is very healthy.
Post a reply