Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 19 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
There is poetic justice in a woman winning $100,000 from the brokerage that secured her mortgage from the bank that originally turned her down.
  • Ron Butler | 19 Mar 2013, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    Set aside the contest; this is a great story about a terrific mortgage broker solving a big problem for her client. It really illustrates what a great mortgage broker can do for a client who needs help. Eddie is a well regarded broker in Toronto who not only does a huge amount of mortgages every year but also is great at helping clients in just these sort of difficult situations.
  • George Christopoulos | 19 Mar 2013, 11:51 AM Agree 0
    Well done Eddie. Great example of how brokers differ from a bank's and bank road reps. The $100,000 is icing on the cake.
  • Mike | 20 Mar 2013, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    I'm happy to see a success story in the broker community and recognize this broker's skill in getting the client approved.

My question though is why send it back to a bank, or even to a bank ever, as a broker?? Maybe I'm missing something in the broker-bank relationship. Currently though, I can't fathom why brokers in the community are sending business to TD, Scotia, or National to a lesser extent. We compete directly with the banks so why collectively feed them!? I believe we should use the monolines, wherever possible, and support them as they're our best partners.

Any insight out there?
Post a reply