Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 23 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Referral clients reign supreme, with a growing number of industry players now refusing to take cold calls.
  • Christopher | 23 Aug 2013, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    My 'Bailing' experience; worst to first.
    5. Cold calls
    4. Financial Planner referrals
    3. Lawyer referrals
    2. Realtor referrals
    1. Client referrals
  • Ron Butler | 23 Aug 2013, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    Cold Calls are no fun.

Client referral is the very best kind of call to get, no question about it. I really agree with Christopher's list.

All that being said, why not learn to be brilliant at cold calls?

Everybody has the right to run their own business as they please and studying your results to optimize your best practises is a great approach. But we decided to become experts at handling cold calls years ago and so far it's worked out okay.
  • John Dearin | 27 Aug 2013, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Cold calls are hit and miss. The best was a guy just walked in the office and said he needed a mortgage for tomorrow. I was just about to laugh him out of the office when a little birdie told me to sit with him. Turned out RBC turned him down at the last minute because of a CC write of by them from years before which didn't show on the credit report. We got the mortgage done, refinanced his other property and have receive numerous referrals from him. You just never know on a cold call.
Post a reply