Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 01 Jun 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Canada's five biggest banks showed steady profit growth in the second quarter of 2010, to a total of $5.01 billion collectively. The latest quarterly roundup fell slightly short of the $5.09 billion the group made during the first quarter of the year when growth was starting to regain momentum on fewer bad loans and some pickup in mortgages.
  • LB | 03 Jun 2010, 11:20 AM Agree 0
    I'm no expert but I do watch the news and try to make sense of what the experts tell us. If there are profits being made when the BoC overnight lending rate was at 0.25%, why was there an increase? I understand inflation is a factor, but with the global economy still unstable, do we all truly believe that Canada has recovered and that we should now try to temper the stimulus efforts of the past year? Maybe this is just for show and we are hoping the rest of the world invests in Canada as we are signalling a recovered, strong economy (similar to when Australia made a similar move).
Post a reply