Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 09 Oct 2014, 10:33 AM Agree 0
Calls to CMHC from one leading economics professor to disclose details about the risks in its portfolio have been denied under the guise that the information is commercially sensitive.
  • Janice Ashworth | 09 Oct 2014, 12:41 PM Agree 0
    I have been trying to find out what the default percentage was on the Business for Stated, 0 down and 2nd home program from inception through to cancellation. Very curious to see if the cancellation of these programs was due to high default rates. I've would like the information on total defaults as well. Is this information really not available? It should be public information and easily accessible.
  • Vejai Etwaroo | 09 Oct 2014, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    I do believe that just as the Financial Services Commission require that Mortgage Brokers give full disclosures to all involved in a transaction then the Insurers and lenders should do the same and give full disclosures on the default insurance that is paid by the Borrower upfront to the insurers. What % is default? How many defaults? Should be Public Information
Post a reply