Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 18 Sep 2012, 11:00 AM Agree 0
On the heels of a case first brought to light by MortgageBrokerNews.ca, CAAMP is now reiterating the rules governing how members can use a competitor’s name to drive traffic to their websites.
  • Kevin Anderson | 19 Sep 2012, 04:50 AM Agree 0
    Interestingly enough, when we did an SEO keyword analysis of CAAMP's own website, we were very surprised by the fact that we found that CAAMP themselves are using SENECA (a school) to drive traffic to their site. Seems to be very similar to what they are preaching is ethically wrong. Here is the info found as kindly provided by several mortgage brokers. http://screencast.com/t/xNDn377JUftK
    Seems like a bit of a which hunt, what's the old adage, "Do as I say, not as I do". Go figure
  • Kevin Anderson | 19 Sep 2012, 04:58 AM Agree 0
    Sent
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | @dipettamor | 19 Sep 2012, 07:27 AM Agree 0
    Great point Kevin, I came here to say just that. Jackson Middleton pointed that out on an episode of CanadianMortgageHangoutTV that can be found here: http://mrt.gs/P9fkWK

Rather ironic that CAAMP is breaking their own rules and doing something they consider unethical. Somehow though, I'm not entirely surprised.
  • haha | 20 Sep 2012, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Like a bunch of lepers judging a beauty contest.
  • Not A Broker | 21 Sep 2012, 07:56 AM Agree 0
    Rule 1 – Member did not conduct their activities with honesty, integrity and professionalism
    Rule 8 – Member did not maintain standards of honesty, truth, accuracy, fairness and propriety in advertising
    Rule 10 – Member did not conduct their activities in full compliance with federal, provincial and municipal laws

Wow - what vague, subjective and self-serving rules.

1# - Be nice!
    2# - Be nice in your advertising!
    3# - Don't break the law!
Post a reply