Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 10 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Wealth managers continue to suggest Toronto’s housing market is in a bubble
  • Ronnie Kartman The Renovation Co-op | 10 Apr 2017, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    To "support" my prior comments about this issue... (for all you naysayers about this being a bubble ready to (I won't say explode...how about "pop!?)

Ask yourselves this question...

If the unbelievable rise in property values (of which I attribute 30-40% due to foreign "owner" speculation that I believe has been "under-reported" and "under-estimated") is due not to such speculation , but a matched economic expansion, where businesses are doing great, people are doing so well that purchases are up equally, etc......

...then why are the average cost of Toronto-area hotel rooms (with minimal exceptions) pretty much the same as they were over 10 years ago????

...Perhaps you should all consider such prices as a sort of "leading economic indicator" or...put a bit differently...PLAIN, OLD FASHIONED COMMON SENSE.
  • Nick | 10 Apr 2017, 11:20 AM Agree 0
    # of hotel rooms is tied to tourism, exchange rates and a host of other items that do not necessarily correlate to housing supply/demand, immigration patterns/population growth, and/or wealth foreign or domestic...
  • | 10 Apr 2017, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    They had to come as expected & to cry, as real estate has become more attracted for people and it's effecting these managers' income, as less people are investing in their funds!
Post a reply