Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 22 Jul 2014, 10:30 AM Agree 0
Hundreds of brokers across Canada have already participated in CMP’s Brokers on Lenders poll, airing concerns about lenders but also these key players.
  • A Broker | 22 Jul 2014, 06:13 PM Agree 0
    Volume requirements. Does anyone get the feeling the handful of large brokerages across the country are in with the banks to get rid of the smaller brokers. From the confidential conversations I've had with lenders in the past they bend over backwards for the large brokerages. Fairly obvious I would say?
  • Ron Butler | 23 Jul 2014, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    @ A Broker........... in many industries (not all) 25% of the players can represent 75% of the business. Whether you are IBM or Caterpillar or Merrill Lynch or our lenders; chances are you tailor your approach to cultivate the 25% who supply the 75%. That does NOT mean you want to get rid of the small broker after all those small companies can become big companies. I am totally certain lenders and big brokerage don't have meetings in the basement of Toronto Club and work on methods to shut down small brokerages. I think it is fair to say that in life and in business: size matters.
Post a reply