Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 18 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The industry is applauding Stephen Harper’s pledge to collect foreign ownership figures for Canadian real estate – and brokers argue that data should lead to restrictions
  • Walid Hammami | 18 Aug 2015, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    That's one issue but the whole picture. I feel like the whole system is inefficient. We need to know how much the reconstruction cost for a property is. Are contractors making too much profit and is it what makes prices inflated or is it too many useless fluff like extremely high union fees, costly permits colts insurance etc...

We really need to think outside the box.
    So far I don't see any of that.
  • Ron Butler | 18 Aug 2015, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    Walid, what would the government of Canada have to do with all those costs you just mentioned? If you want government controls over the price of everything the profit of everything and every labour cost you have to move to North Korea.
  • Anonymous | 18 Aug 2015, 01:24 PM Agree 0
    The Chinese will find ways around this. They already get multiple family members to wire over a threshold of $50,000 to one family member in Canada and then they buy their property. Or even wire funds to different family members in Canada who then go out and buy a property to invest in.... Tell me how doe the dollar amount help...stop the investment period. Buy in your own hometown where you live. Otherwise invest in stocks stop investing in a market where people are looking to buy and priced out of. Also where is all this money coming from......
  • okay | 18 Aug 2015, 07:20 PM Agree 0
    People are applauding Harper for his effort to bribe the other kind of voters with promises of spending half a mil to figure out the foreign ownership. And then what?
Post a reply