Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 22 Oct 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers can save 20 per cent on tuition for REMIC’s upcoming 2014 Mortgage Broker and Agent Continuing Education course by pre-registering before November 1.
  • Anthony | 22 Oct 2013, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    ...or don't pay and just take the free online continuing education course offered through CAAMP....if your a member of course.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 22 Oct 2013, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    @Anthony - except that a CAAMP membership is $200+, and offers virtually no actual benefit other than a "free" bi-annual update course. For 2 years of CAAMP membership, I can pay for about 16 years worth of courses at $50/each
  • Anthony | 22 Oct 2013, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    ...you may want to consider taking some math courses while your at it...I don't know if Remic offers them, but hey, you can't beat a 20% discount.
  • Joe White | 23 Oct 2013, 08:36 AM Agree 0
    Hi Anthony,

I don't think someone will join an association just to get a $30 course for free. We also provide discounts on in class offerings, something the other providers are not doing.
    In addition, we offer lots of value with several bonuses designed to help brokers increase their business, something else the other providers are not doing.
    Having different providers of the course with differing value propositions offers choice for mortgage brokers, just like the choice mortgage brokers offer consumers.

Joe
  • John G. | 23 Oct 2013, 08:38 AM Agree 0
    Anthony, you may want to consider taking some spelling courses: your or you're
    Throw in a course on politeness as well.
  • John G. | 23 Oct 2013, 08:44 AM Agree 0
    And, Paolo's math is right! 2 years of membership x $200 = $400.
    Re-licensing courses are every two years, so over 16 years there would be 8 courses.
    8 courses x $50 = $400.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 23 Oct 2013, 09:18 AM Agree 0
    @John G.

Thanks for posting exactly what I was thinking. This "Anthony" character is exactly what's wrong with some people in our industry...
  • Greg | 23 Oct 2013, 03:04 PM Agree 0
    How much is a free course worth? Like they say, you get what you pay for.
  • Bc broker | 24 Oct 2013, 12:25 AM Agree 0
    You guys are lucky. BC courses cost $150 each.
Post a reply