Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers give gov't failing grade on mortgage policies: Poll

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 24 May 2012, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Despite the fact that the recent federal budget left mortgage regulations untouched, are brokers satisfied with how the government has handled the mortgage market?
  • Derek Rowley | 26 May 2012, 08:20 AM Agree 0
    Just a personal opinion but let me answer thgis with another question?

What is the difference between say the federal Government and a rattle snake????

Answer = The rattler will at least give you are warning before it strikes.
  • Broker, BC | 29 May 2012, 02:27 AM Agree 0
    Ummm... am I the only broker in Canada that actually sees that the need to requalify at renewal actually opens doors to the broker community? Auto Renewals scoop a LOT of business from our channel.

So yes, there may be issues on renewlas for some, but that some is going to be a very small percentage of the population.

Why is CAAMP stating that the banks ability to auto renew is good for mortgage brokers? Is Jim Murphy for real? I have been in the business for 32 years, I am fortunate that most of my clients do come back to me at renewal time. When I am at CAAMP or MBABC however I listen to broker complain all the time that they are challenged to compete with the banks at renewal time.

So who does CAAMP represent again? OH wait, sorry forgot... lenders.
Post a reply