Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 06 Jan 2014, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on CTV’s Question Period Sunday that he is monitoring the state of the housing market and is willing to intervene in the mortgage default insurance industry again if the need is felt.
  • Christopher | 06 Jan 2014, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    I remember a couple who were each making over 100K per year and as well as being up to their ears in debt, they didn't have a dime to put towards the purchase.

Contrast that with a young fellow I had making less than a quarter of that having 50K saved from his own resources.

Income is irrelevant compared to character.
  • Bonnie | 06 Jan 2014, 09:38 AM Agree 0
    Nice to know that Flaherty takes hearsay info from builders... to bad he wouldn't come down off his high horse and ask an average mortgage broker who works in the industry what the average Canadian's debt looks like.. and how we nolonger have the ability to help the debt ridden Canadians manage their debt..
  • Bryan Jaskolka | 07 Jan 2014, 06:07 AM Agree 0
    You had to know that even when coming out with positive statements, there would be those that jump all over him just because of his name and position. Give him a break. He can't win if he tells you what you don't know what to hear, and he can't win if he tells you what you do. This is purely politics on the side of brokers that slag him. Just because he didn't mention mortgage brokers means that he doesn't talk to them? There are all kinds of stats on the average mortgage in Canada, how many homeowners, how many still have mortgage debt, etc. Maybe those are the ones he's looking at.
  • George Paul Vlahakis | 07 Jan 2014, 09:01 PM Agree 0
    It's great to see the care in our government, for present times and future generations. In order not to, end up like other countries,
    proud to be Canadian...
    The George Paul Team
  • George Paul Vlahakis | 07 Jan 2014, 09:02 PM Agree 0
    It's great to see the care in our government, for present times and future generations. In order not to, end up like other countries,
    proud to be Canadian...
    The George Paul Team
Post a reply