Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 11 Apr 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Scotia’s CEO Richard Waugh is receiving a rare show of support from the broker channel, after stating finance minister Jim Flaherty should stop interfering on mortgage rates.
  • Russ Cameron | 11 Apr 2013, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    I think our federal gov't is missing the point totally.. we should all want the lowest borrowing rates possible..tell me why we are regulating low mortgage rates and not dealing with the big problem the extremely high rates and amount of debt in unsecured credit card debt..people need homes..should they all keep renting and get nowhere..contractors need work, suppliers need sales..why don't we deal with that problem as at 19% it hurts the people the most.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 11 Apr 2013, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    @Russ Cameron - we should all want the lowest borrowing rates? We've HAD the lowest borrowing rates in history and now our debt-to-income ratio is 165%. In what world is that good?
  • Russ Cameron | 11 Apr 2013, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Ok low rates are what consumers need..my point is common sense 19% or 3% which do you think should be monitored. If the Gov't wants to control or monitor mortgages increase the rates don't alllow the Credit card lenders they can charge anything they want (19.9%) and monitor the 3% mortgages..I've already wrote to my M.P. who agrees that credit card debt consumers biggest problem now..have a look at Greece// Thanks russ
Post a reply