Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 25 May 2011, 08:57 AM Agree 0
A course focused on teaching industry basics to new mortgage brokers in Nova Scotia has more than doubled its enrollment as the province faces growing pressure to attach an educational component to its licensing standards.
  • Mark Norman - AMP (ACME Financial) | 27 May 2011, 01:59 AM Agree 0
    We need this type of program in St. John's as well, with the increased property values and hot real estate market, more and more brokers are entering the industry armed with nothing more than an idea of what a mortgage broker actually does. There are over 120 brokers in our market right now, I'd estimate over 80 of them have less than 3 years in the in the business and very limited training. Without new legislation I fear it's only a matter of time before our industry is in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. If government won't bring in legislature that requires SOME type of training, God help the unknowing, uninformed, and unsuspecting mortgage client.
Post a reply