Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Oct 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One broker has encountered a law firm that refuses outright to work with monoline files, but that didn’t stop him from getting the deal done
  • John Panagakos | 08 Oct 2015, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    These Law firms are burying they're heads in the sand. FNF and FCT closings are the way of the world . Wake Up and get with the times.
  • Nick Bachusky | 08 Oct 2015, 12:41 PM Agree 0
    Thank you Dustan. That is just one more of your millions of great pieces of advice to allow us to look like more of an expert to our clients. I will be mentioning this to every client going forward.
  • Robert Clancy | 09 Oct 2015, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    Good Advice. Thanks. Allot of lawyers think they are the chosen ones as we know. I understand the frustration with dealing with FNF etc but that is the market we are now living in. If they do not want the business then so be it. This is another example of why we need to build our own relationships with lawyers, accountants etc so we can control the process from start to finish. This mortgage deal could have gone sideways based on the lawyer's decision.
  • OkanaganBroker | 12 Oct 2015, 11:22 PM Agree 0
    Let's back up a bit...Why are Monolines, FCT and FNF doing such a terrible job instructing files, and why are we allowing it and accepting this as the new norm? I work in small towns, I know many of my lawyer and notary contacts personally, and they ALL confirm dealing with most monoline mortgages is a nightmare! When a solicitor gets misinformation, slow responses, and gets asked to provide additional paperwork prior to funding that should have been, or actually already was provided at the time of underwriting there is a HUGE problem. As Brokers we should be demanding better instructing and funding procedures from t he Monolines, and not be chastising the professional lawyers and notaries who won't put up with this.
  • Michele Hall | 13 Oct 2015, 05:22 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Dunstan's advise , however when are lenders going to hold these companies accountable for possible loss of business due to their lack of service , this is also true for third party.
Post a reply