Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 14 May 2015, 09:25 AM Agree 0
One broker and a few industry players are facing criticism for co-opting a social media campaign and trying to help Vancouverites afford housing.
  • Craig Vetter | 14 May 2015, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    I think this just goes to show the power of Social Media. In the end they are using it as a tool to get exposure but they are offering their time and services for free which is huge. I think its a unique marketing play.

And ultimately they are in their part at least trying to provide a solution to a large and well publicized issue in Greater Vancouver.

Is it the best idea, maybe not but I think they are genuinely giving back and anyone who sponsors, donates time or money is very cognizant of the exposure they get from it.
  • Ross Kay | 14 May 2015, 07:46 PM Agree 0
    Ms Xia and her group along with 17,000 plus petition signing Vancourites alone can Pop Vancouvers housing bubble in 60 days.

Simply stop buying first time homes. The entire pyramid of resale home sold volumes in any market are dependent of first time buyers even at times of low interest rates when fewer are needed to keep the market from correcting.

Of course this would do no good for the group who went out used her creative idea and didn't even think to ask her permission.

Until Social Media the only fundamentals that caused a housing bubble to pop were economic based. It is now possible for Social Media to do the same thing. On mass removal of first time buyers from any regional market.

Time will tell.
Post a reply