Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 21 Dec 2012, 10:00 AM Agree 0
A brokerage owner wants peers to give the gift of tough love to agents next year, asking them to institute his brand of no-nonsense training – one that demands full and very punctual participation.
  • Brian | 22 Dec 2012, 06:19 AM Agree 0
    Congrat's Paul, Being new to the industry this year I agree training is truly lacking in the mortgage business.
  • Cory | 22 Dec 2012, 06:28 AM Agree 0
    A business owner who treats his business as a business. I think what you are doing is fantastic Paul. I hope for all sorts of success for your Brokerage and those Associates who complete their requirements, our industry needs a lot more of people like you.
  • An Insider | 22 Dec 2012, 09:57 AM Agree 0
    That is right on the mark Paul. Kudos to you. After you get that sorted, run for political office. I will guarantee you my vote and others
  • John Dearin RPA,. AMP. | 24 Dec 2012, 11:30 PM Agree 0
    Not just the 20/80 rule applies here...the brokerage reputation is on the line as well. One screwed up or poorly serviced deal could mean 10 that will never show up at your door.

Great news Paul.
  • Karen | 28 Dec 2012, 03:07 AM Agree 0
    I have implemented the same thing with minimum standards that have to be met in 3 months or they are out. I was getting jaded hiring new agents and wanting their success more than they did. People think that because they are now self employed they aren't accountable but it is the opposite if they want to succeed. I totally agree with John it is the brokerage reputation which affects not only the Broker/Owner but the other agents as well.
  • Sean chouman/ landmark financial group | 03 Jan 2013, 04:36 AM Agree 0
    Good call Paul! I only hire brokers that are truly in need of life changing and committed to work as full time. My policy is very simple. All new member must go through the 3 months probation period must follow our intensive training. After the 3 months. Should they really decide that rhis the industry they want to be in. Our next step to attach them to one of our senior mortgage brokers as assistant for one year. This way we are guaranteed to have a better brokers representing us on the road.
  • Omer Quenneville | 03 Jan 2013, 04:58 AM Agree 0
    Where do I sign up?
Post a reply