Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 21 Sep 2011, 10:00 AM Agree 0
It’s entirely understandable urge. But brokers should resist slashing marketing budgets in this slower market, cautions the head of a brokerage on track to realize a total funded volume of just under a billion dollars this year – in large part because of its own consistent advertising.
  • Angela Wong-Liao, Invis Inc | 22 Sep 2011, 07:42 AM Agree 0
    As a veteran mortgage professional for over 10 years and a business professionals for over 37 years, I am a strong believer in consistent marketing and advertising. In my opinion, we have to focus more on marketing and advertising and instead of reducing our budget, we should try our best to maintain or increasing our budget. I understand a lot of mortgage professionals have the urge to cut their marketing and advertising budget when the market is slowing down and challenging, but I have seen business professionals succeeded over the years because they are consistent and particularly during challenging economic times, ie: In our last recession in the early 1990s, which lasted for 6 years, but business professionals who were consistent on marketing, they were winners when the economy improves.
  • John Dearin | 26 Sep 2011, 12:17 AM Agree 0
    When the market slows, then is the time to boost advertising. I save during the busy times (why advertise when you are working 10 hours a day 6 days a week) and spend when we have slack time. Our slack time this year has disappeared and we have added another agent so we can cut back on the hours we are working. Time to boost the adverting again.

John Dearin
Post a reply