Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 19 Sep 2011, 07:00 AM Agree 0
A CFP/broker is predicting the mortgage industry will more than double its number of dually-certified professionals in the next five years as brokers look to differentiate themselves from the madding crowd and broaden their usefulness to clients.
  • Eric Putnam | 20 Sep 2011, 03:19 AM Agree 0
    Could not agree more that Mortgage Professionals can, and should, take a more holistic approach to assisting Canadians improve their finances and it all starts with having the necessary knowledge, resources and being unbaised.
  • Michael Perretta, MBA, CFP, Mortgage Broker | 20 Sep 2011, 04:07 AM Agree 0
    I found the article interesting concerning the recognition of CFP vs AMP. The reason for the high recognition of CFP is that it represents more than just 3 letters after your name - CFP's have had to prove knowledge and skills to pass the CFP exams in comparison to AMP that was basically given away based on "politics". CAMMP is controlled by the lenders, not by mortgage brokers; therefor, I dropped out due to their lack of trust and benefit to mortgage brokers.
    A good example is that CAMMP has been promoting an insurance brokerage for E & O insurance that supposedly is lower cost, but their cost is NOT lower than competitors.
    I would encourage mortgage brokers across the country to drop out of CAMMP and form our own association whereby members can receive real representation and benefits. For members that want to obtain a recognized designation, we can approach the CFP organization to discuss requirements for the CFP designation.
    I invite other mortgage agents and brokers to let me know your thoughts on my suggestions.
    Email: C218888@aol.com
Post a reply