Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 17 May 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A Toronto broker wants the same high standards currently applied to mortgage brokers placed on REDX reporting – having herself fallen victim to an apparent case of mistaken identity.
  • N Hamblin | 17 May 2013, 08:30 AM Agree 0
    Just another inefficient, unreliable , irresponsible and unaccountable reporting agency just like Equifax and Trans Union !
  • Cory | 17 May 2013, 08:38 AM Agree 0
    The world has gotten to a bad place when all sorts of reporting can happen with little to zero accountability or verification. You can go on google and post any type of comment you want about someone. Go on all sorts of social media and slander anyone you want. And these "reporting" agencies that follow limited policy just feed that mentality. What happened to picking up the phone and discussing your concerns with people or speaking to the Broker about one of their licensees. It is truly a sad state of affairs when you need to spend time trying to protect your on-line reputation!
  • Imran Patel | 17 May 2013, 08:42 AM Agree 0
    Sandra Levy of Always A Mortgage Corp., is probably the best broker in the business, its too bad she had to go through this experience with REDX.
  • Ron M | 17 May 2013, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    Pretty well said there, N Hamblin.
  • Catherine F | 17 May 2013, 08:46 AM Agree 0
    Do the lenders actually look at REDX in any meaningful way? It seems to be a fallacy at this juncture.
  • Peter Dale | 17 May 2013, 08:47 AM Agree 0
    N Hamblin is correct. We brokers have onerous standards for collecting and verifying information. Equifax and TransUnion do not. CAAMP should be actively involved in pressuring the authorities to impose standards similar to ours on these reporting agencies. I had a three month fight with Equifax to correct errors on my report. The process wasn't pretty and nearly led to a court case.
  • Sharon | 17 May 2013, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Can someone tell me how I can check my information on REDX
  • Sami | 17 May 2013, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    I am told REDX applies to designated members of AMP (& other memberships) only. Is that true? What if one is not designated? Does REDX apply to them too? If so, then its disadvantageous to be designated as non-members are exempt from negative impact. Industry standards should apply evenly too all agents/brokers - designated or not. Any comments.
Post a reply