Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 27 Jun 2011, 09:00 AM Agree 0
A leading B.C. broker is suggesting it would fall to the government to again tighten mortgage rules in order to limit the number of at-risk Canadians taking on new housing debt, arguing the Central Bank’s hands are effectively tied.
  • Ritchie Simpson | 28 Jun 2011, 01:45 AM Agree 0
    It would be far wiser for Flaherty to do soemthing to rein in the run away credit card and LOC debt that prevents Canadians from investing their hard earned money in equity building home purchases.
    Mortgage Brokers see the effects of the Banks, and to be fair other lenders, creating useless but high profit debt for Canadians by non-stop mail outs of free credit cards and enticing ads for LOC's.
  • LA | 28 Jun 2011, 02:53 AM Agree 0
    Re: Ritchie Simpson
    I am not too sure that I understand your point, Are you really suggesting that they deal with the actual problem?
  • Guns | 28 Jun 2011, 03:46 AM Agree 0
    Why don't we (the government) take control of the central Bank (as it should be)and be more in control of our currency rather than allowing control to be in the hands of those that serve the banking community whose sole mandate is profit at whatever the cost.
Post a reply