Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 28 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One broker has carried out analysis of closing documents and come up with tangible reasons for why some monoline files saddle clients with extra fees
  • Victor Simone | 28 Aug 2015, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps, mortgage agents/brokers may consider having a short list of lawyers at hand when we ask our clients the name of the lawyer closing their deals ? Surely, our channel could deal with, or find lawyers that may not charge this extra fee.
  • Pete Edwards | 28 Aug 2015, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Can someone please tell me how a broker is supposed to determine any water damage in a house and how we are to determine title? As for the latter, we are not lawyers & isn't that the role of title insurance?
  • Jordi | 28 Aug 2015, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    What about the lenders that put the onus on lawyers to review and approve the strata documents.

That is leaving a time intensive project for the lawyers that could leave them holding the bag if a issue arises after the fact with the strata.

There should be more streamlining with the lenders also. How often are we called by the lawyers for a void cheque that we already submitted to the lender.

This is a issue that the monolines have to review. I have had realtors talk to the clients about the difficulty of dealing with these "smaller lenders"
Post a reply