Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 30 Jun 2015, 08:50 AM Agree 0
Clients facing increasingly tight deadlines to secure mortgages are getting tripped up by credit bureau mistakes that take too long to remove, say brokers.
  • Mike | 30 Jun 2015, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps consumers need to pre plan purchasing a house. See a professional and get pre approved. Even run their own credit file ahead so they know it is accurate or they can work on repairing credit. It is scary today that someone will go out and buy a house without seeing about a mortgage first. Do these people really even deserve a home??
  • John Greenlee | 30 Jun 2015, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    The first step to buying a home should be to be pre-approved, properly with a full credit check.
  • Henry | 30 Jun 2015, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps the clients need to hire good lawyers and sue Equifax to teach them like any other people they have to do their jobs correctly
  • Jeremy | 30 Jun 2015, 02:20 PM Agree 0
    Why is the owness on the customer? Shouldn't Equifax hold its membership accountable in order to maintain the integrity of the service? In my experience, Equifax is brutal at best.
  • Michael Mitchell | 30 Jun 2015, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    If done properly a report can be fixed in 5 days.
  • eCreditFix . ca | 30 Jun 2015, 04:01 PM Agree 0
    I've talked to many agencies about Equifax and TransUnion and the government's position is that it is up to the consumer to make sure their reports are correct, not the bank or the reporting agencies. I got so feed up with how difficult it is for the Average Joe to get their reports corrected that I focus full-time on fixing consumer's credit reports. I developed a system to help automate and make the credit fixing process easy and much quicker. I agree more should be done to improve the process for Canadians trying to fix it themselves but until that happens I can help.
  • Omer Quenneville | 30 Jun 2015, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    I advise people to do a "self-exam" (self credit check) once a year. Whether you are buying or not. A credit check should also be done before you sell as well if you are expecting to buy immediately after. As mortgage professionals I contact my clients once a year with the form from Equifax and Transunion and encourage them to send it in.
Post a reply