Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 01 Nov 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The hot debate continues after one industry player used MortgageBrokerNews.ca to propose a broker-run organization modelled after the Canadian Chamber of Commerce; and despite the many naysayers, one broker thinks he’s now come up with a workable implementation strategy.
  • M. Robertson | 01 Nov 2013, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    For all the naysayers out there, you only have to look at the Mortgage Forum delegate roster to see who is really supporting CAAMP. By far the largest number of delegates are from lenders and service providers. That may very well change as more brokers register for the conference, but I have my doubts. You also need to consider that CAAMP’s membership actually dropped last year, and given the additional turmoil this year, I would not be surprised if it did again this year.

There are two choices here. (1) Start a new member organization as has been suggested. (2) Change the hierarchy at CAAMP and bring someone in who will actually listens to their membership. Unlike Mr. Murphy and the other executives who are too filled with self importance to actually care enough to make changes.
Post a reply