Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 03 Jan 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A Toronto broker has taken a page from rate comparison sites, borrowing their look and feel to drive more online shoppers to his own rates -- and no one else's.
  • George Christopoulos | 03 Jan 2013, 07:59 AM Agree 0
    another year goes by and still the same story , rate , rate , rate. happy 2013 or was that 2012.5
  • Robert Stanfield, Invis agent | 03 Jan 2013, 08:24 AM Agree 0
    Rate, rate, rate, there is so much more to our services as brokers than rate. I repeatedly get clients that call me for a rate match. With some conversation and time spent looking into what the client needs, rate is very seldom the first criteria. My business is 100% referral based, and when I do compete on rate, I find those clients never refer their friends and family to me. They aren't worth the effort and time spent not looking after a client that values what i bring to the table.I do find it very easy to take clients away from rate selling brokers. I have clients for life, rate selling brokers have clients for one transaction. I think it is easy to spot the broker model that will survive the test of time. Just my experiencee and opinion. Looking forward to a strong 2013.
  • Nick Mitskopoulos | 03 Jan 2013, 08:44 AM Agree 0
    Well its time that Brokers present themselves more like finanical advisors-- they deal with clients assets and bring alot of vaule to the table- Brokers deal with the debt side - so think of yourself as a "debt advisor" instead and it change the whole conversation away from the typical "rate" conversation.
  • Alyssa Richard | 03 Jan 2013, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    Congrats Pankaj. Though I might be biased I think it's a winning strategy :)

Can you share the URL so readers can have a look?
  • Ron Butler | 04 Jan 2013, 04:00 AM Agree 0
    I think the rate peddler versus sage advisor debate will eventually be settled by the same person who is always the "decider"....... the consumer.
  • Blair Anderson | 05 Jan 2013, 04:01 AM Agree 0
    If you want to be a commodity broker, you're in the wrong industry. As advisors, it's our responsibility to educate the public. I invite everyone to join the social netowrk, www.MortgageResource.ca and keep the education going. It's not a rate site, it costs nothing to join, and nothing for the leads you will earn!

Happy 2013.
Post a reply