Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 20 Aug 2013, 01:00 AM Agree 0
He told you so.
Nova Scotia’s real estate market was abuzz with speculation after news of a $25 billion shipbuilding contract was announced in late 2011. Brad Compton of Invis, however, warned that brokers and property sellers alike shouldn’t count their real estate boom before it hatches – something echoed in data now pointing to a 9 per cent drop.
  • @kiltedbroker | 20 Aug 2013, 08:47 AM Agree 0
    Man, you know what Nova Scotia needs? A community of online remote workers. Forget physical industries like ship building to bolster an economy, what about if the province put together a marketing play that focused on developing a community of individuals who work from home in an online capacity? That would mean income for the province utilizing current infrastructure with little to no capital output.

I mean, have you been to Nova Scotia? I have, it is absolutely breathtaking.

Pie in the sky I know, but have you seen how far a dollar stretches in the Annapolis Valley? Have you tried the scallops in Digby? Seriously, that is the way to spend the rest of your life!
  • Layth Matthews | 20 Aug 2013, 01:44 PM Agree 0
    I agree with the Scotsman. I have always thought that Halifax with 3-4 universities and an excellent community college, has a niche of under-employed workers. They should be pushing hard for blue skies legislation in financial services and securities. All you need is smart people and the Internet.
  • Catherine Fogarty/catherinefogarty.ca | 20 Aug 2013, 02:44 PM Agree 0
    You two are dead on! Paid less for a larger home than I sold my small home for in Toronto, last year, with 1/3 property tax cost. This place is our best kept secret...shhhh...
  • Sean | 23 Aug 2013, 04:07 AM Agree 0
    @kiltedbroker An online community for remote workers is in the works. I moved here from another part of Canada & there is much opportunity in both Real Estate and YES the ability for remote workers. It's building!
Post a reply