Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 23 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
MortgageBrokerNews.ca has just learned that Mortgage Architects has acquired Argentum Mortgage and Finance.
  • Steve | 23 Jul 2013, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    Both Albert and Ron are class acts and will form a great team. Good job.
  • Ron Butler | 23 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM Agree 0
    Good luck to all involved. Good people joining with good people. The next couple of years will prove interesting. When an industry is growing there is room for more players at different size tiers. A shrinking broker space requires consolidation.
  • Mohamed Manzoor | 23 Jul 2013, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Great Partneship. All the best to both Ron and Albert.
  • @kiltedbroker | 23 Jul 2013, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    Love to see proactive moves in our industry. As the market changes, I agree with Ron Butler, consolidation is necessary.

Well done everyone involved... all the best!
  • len lane | 23 Jul 2013, 11:04 AM Agree 0
    I think it just proves how hard it is to be a small brokerage in this business any more. From a business point of view if your not in the multi billion dollars of mortgages funding then its hard to get noticed. Albert and Ron are both sharp business men and I'm sure it was a win/win situation.
  • Mal Eccles | 23 Jul 2013, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Gentlemen, a good merger.
  • The Mortgage Sisters | 23 Jul 2013, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations Albert
    We wish you all the very best..
    Deb & Kelly
  • John | 23 Jul 2013, 03:03 PM Agree 0
    @Len I work with Argentum. We are Not small. we are over 550 Mortgage brokers and do over $3.0 Billion per year. I like this deal for us because from my understanding combined entities will be close to $8.0 Billion per year. That is Top 3 in Canada behind DLC and VERICO.
  • len lane | 23 Jul 2013, 07:40 PM Agree 0
    Sorry John didn't mean to offend you but in what is probably a trillion dollar industry we are all small potatoes which is what we need to work on glad to see two smart business men working it out.
  • Robert Stanfield, INVIS | 24 Jul 2013, 09:12 AM Agree 0
    Hey John, sorry, this merger still won't put you in the top 3, you forgot about Invis/MI.
  • Gord | 25 Jul 2013, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    and Mortgage Alliance and probably Axiom and TMG.
Post a reply