Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 13 Nov 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A successful broker has now written his own how-to book on making it in the mortgage industry
  • Debbie | 13 Nov 2015, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    I've been a broker for 8 yrs now, and yes it is difficult. I still learn something new almost every day, (and learn lessons of what not to do next time regularly.) #1 myth in this industry is that brokers make tons of money..not true, some make tons of money, most eke out a modest living...true story..if everyone is being honest...it's the freedom of not having to punch a time clock that is the best, and how you feel when a deal, especially the really hard ones closes, and you hear someone say "you are the best"... that's the real reward. I always said if I could make at least what I made working 9-5 mon-fri, I would stay in the business...I'm still in it. Loving every minute of it!
  • Sean Binkley, DLC | 13 Nov 2015, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Great work Dustin, glad to see others giving back and sharing best practices!
  • Jim T, Advent Mortgage | 13 Nov 2015, 08:38 PM Agree 0
    Dustin, what a fantastic idea. Everyone contemplating entering the business should be reguired to read this book.
Post a reply