Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Sep 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The Bank of Canada raised its key interest rate another 25 basis points Wednesday morning, making it the third increase since June.
  • Vipul Jasani | 10 Sep 2010, 03:39 AM Agree 0
    I was expecting this in Q1 2011. Industry require some more time to recover. I expect full recovery in end of Q2 2011/ Early Q3 2011.
  • George Janho | 10 Sep 2010, 05:15 AM Agree 0
    BOC is going against all economic logic in increasing the prime rate, is it to scare small home buyers and induce them to switch from variable to fixed rates? whatever the reason behind the decision, it is not fighting the slow down and not helping the economy and the housing market in particular
  • kashif toor | 10 Sep 2010, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    Please, we need to increse sales , not to scare away people from purchasing, Keep rates low. no more than .25 percent. Bank Of Canada needs to reach out to the market to see what really is going on, making it hard and increasing the rate will not help anyone.
  • Broker | 10 Sep 2010, 11:28 PM Agree 0
    As student loans are affected from prime. It affect burdon for canadian students studing abroad.
  • Dmitri | 14 Sep 2010, 04:36 AM Agree 0
    George and Kashif, are you guys serious??? Both of you have no clue of economics and how low interest rates and high confidence levels increase household debts, which is historically high right now. If you are dealing with mortgages and real estate I suggest both of you to quit...
Post a reply